Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Haiti on my Mind





Haiti is in the back of my mind most of the time.  So glad I went back again.  The second experience was not so overwhelming as the first time, so I could enjoy individuals more, and on a more relaxed atmosphere.  It was good to see some faces and names from before, DiDi, the security man who helped me last time on the Tom's shoe drop; Paige the wonderwoman, Peter, Wilson, Samy, etc.   A number of the little children I remembered from last time, as well, and was good to see them growing and thriving.
The changes in Haiti are evident, too.  Subtle, but there.  There isn't so much rubble in Port-au-Prince.  Tent cities are fewer. At the airport, I was handed a magazine promoting tourism in Haiti.  Yes, I wrote that correctly.  There are some beautiful areas in Haiti, and there is hope (Espwa).  If it can happen in some places, it could happen in more--in time.  See for yourself at magichaiti.com 
I'm adding pictures to the blog today since the wifi was intermittent and slow.  Hope your enjoy my pics and let me know if you want to talk about Haiti or have any questions.    If you'd like to view a few more pictures, please follow this link    
                             http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AasWbRk3aNmbkw
Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment