Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Separate Valentines Day

We split up today, as we all had a list of things we wanted to do.  MJ and T went to a cooking class they really enjoyed.  Their instructor graduated from SMS (now Missouri State University).  They had a mutual acquaintance.  Small world.


John and I had a nice little breakfast, then took the trolley to the Garden District.  Who would even consider this?  Just because you have to have EXACT change?  Because if you don't get your transfer at the start of the trip, you have to pay another full fare?  



Immediately after arriving in the Garden District, I promptly took a MJ dive to the sidewalk.  NOLA is dangerous!  I will heal promptly. I was more worried about my camera that scooted down the street, but it works, too.

          

Right in the middle of the district is Lafayette cemetery, so we had to do a quick trip. Didn't need atour guide here, although there were tours going on.




Really!




































Then on to some beautiful houses.  They did NOT look like pre-Civil War.  We even saw a few flowers.  Mild winter.






John and I split up after this--he went to the WWII museum, I went back to the Quarter.

Which of these do you think I had for lunch?  

The creepy monsters from the sea with tendrils?


Or the PoBoy, naked? 

The following five are all fortune tellers/tarot readers on Jackson Square.  None of them seemed to me to have special powers, so I kept my $20.00






I considered this, but didn't do it.


One of the street performers.  He was really good.  Its an African something.  Gourd, with harp strings, played with both hands.










Beads, beads, everywhere


On the Big Muddy


Voodoo dolls.


You can lock your bike up, but parts can still disappear.

Again on the river

Interesting fashion statement


Red beans and rice for Valentines Day


Awe.   It's Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment