Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bear's Lodge/Devils Tower

Thursday, June 12, 2014


A very good day. But first, we keep seeing these in fields not far from the highways. Anyone know what they are???




Didn't take us long to get to Wyoming. They were very helpful in having a lay-by for us to pull over for the requisite picture. Someone must have known Tom was coming, and he really felt special.



We stopped again when we first saw Devils Tower. Again, Wyoming had a nice little parking area for us, so John felt "moved" to take in the view.






View in Wyoming





What an awesome monument. It was a beautiful day, probably in the 70's, and we walked around for a while, admiring this magnificent structure.






This guy photobombed my friends. He was totally oblivious.





He moved, and I got a nice shot of our friends. When I saw the guy again, I complimented him on the nice bomb. He laughed.





On the way out of the park, there was another Prairie Dog Village. I begged for a stop so I could take a few more pics. What I really wanted was for one of them to climb in the car with us. Didn't happen. They kept ducking into their burrows.







Back in Deadwood, we went to the Adams House. It was the wealthiest home in Deadwood , and has a unique history. When the owner died, the widow (who was 40+ years younger) boarded up the house, moved to California, and nothing was touched in the house for over 50 years. There were even cookies in the cookie jar, and they are still there now. John wanted one, but I promised him a candy bar if he'd leave them alone.





Outside the Adams House.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment